Signs a Roof Needs Repair or Replacement
What are some common signs that a roof requires repair or replacement?
At Rock Solid Roofing, we always recommend that our customers across Utah pay close, consistent attention to the condition of their roofing. All too often, homeowners neglect to notice clear signs of damage to their roofs. As a result, they’re often hit by more serious concerns down the line; many of which can necessitate a complete rooftop replacement, with all the extra expense that entails.
Specific symptoms to watch out for include;
- Visible cracks
- Obvious leakage
- Cracked, warped or missing tiles and shingles
- Wear and tear on the flashing. Or lack of a proper water-tight seal around areas such as the chimney. This can lead to moisture buildup
- Sunlight seeping through the ceiling boards in your attic
- Dark patches on your roof or attic ceiling
- Cracking or discoloration on your interior drywall
To avoid issues like these, we always recommend twice-yearly inspections. One, before the heat waves start to hit at the height of summer; and once before the heavy snowfall begins in winter.
At Rock Solid Roofing our customers’ safety is our first priority, so if your roof is difficult to access or walk on; and you’re located in: Provo, Salt Lake City, Utah County or Salt Lake County; give us a call and we’ll take care of your rooftop inspection instead.